Avis D'Impot

Mayennaise

Received this morning - one thing we can't get to grips with though -

"Compte tenu des elements que vous avez declares, le montant qui vous sera rembourse (voir verso) est de  *****

Ce remboursement est automatique, vous n'avez acune demarche a faire"      

(Energy efficient boiler installed, if you are wondering)

I have 'voir verso' but can see nothing that refers to this.

I think we are due for a refund but how do we get it?   Cheque?  I take the second para to say that it is automatic and we don't have to do anything, is this correct?.

No idea how you get it but yes, it says you'll get it automatically and don't need to do anything.  I presume the 5 asterisks replace an actual number, meaning you are getting a 5 figure sum? [:D]

The fact that they ask you to look at the reverse of the form for information but there is nothing there, is probably just their bit of fun to confuse the public.  [;-)]

Last year we got our refund by cheque - I seem to recall it came pretty quickly after the avis arrived. I think you can get it by bank transfer - but only if you've given your bank details to the Tresor Public and/or Hotel des Impots in advance

Lou

[quote user="Mayennaise"]

Received this morning - one thing we can't get to grips with though -

"Compte tenu des elements que vous avez declares, le montant qui vous sera rembourse (voir verso) est de  *****

Ce remboursement est automatique, vous n'avez acune demarche a faire"      

(Energy efficient boiler installed, if you are wondering)

I have 'voir verso' but can see nothing that refers to this.

I think we are due for a refund but how do we get it?   Cheque?  I take the second para to say that it is automatic and we don't have to do anything, is this correct?.

[/quote]

Mine comes by cheque but the figure for the return is always written on the form.  I get one every year, did loads of work to rental properties and they very kindly allow the residue to be bought forward each year and offset against my fairly small tax figure, thus always ending in a minus figure.  If your getting something you should get a figure printed IMO.

The voir verso is referring to the note on the back of the page that says voir verso (!), if you look in the first section of notes it explains how it will pay the sum to you -

soit versee directement etc etc....

We have been told that if we install a new boiler we will receive 50% back through our tax declarations.  We have to pay tax in the Uk (no choice) but declare our income here. As we do not pay tax in France will we be eligible for the refund? We have had various answers to this one from both French and English friends.If we are eligible will we get a cheque like everyone else?

Cheque arrived this morning. Mr Mayo has already paid it into the bank and I have already spent most of it (admittedly only in my head)!! Mind you did get a chinese lunch and new curtains out of it today!! Chinese lunch was already planned and lo - as we emerged after lunch I spied a curtain magasin!! Managed to drag Mr Mayo into said shop and we came out minus a fair amount of euro (why are curtains so ruddy expensive here?) but carrying two lovely sets of curtains for our lounge. A very good day for me but Mr Mayo is still trying to get over the fact that he has spent some money!! Well he does come from Yorkshire!!

[quote user="Claire"]We have been told that if we install a new boiler we will receive 50% back through our tax declarations.  We have to pay tax in the Uk (no choice) but declare our income here. As we do not pay tax in France will we be eligible for the refund? We have had various answers to this one from both French and English friends.If we are eligible will we get a cheque like everyone else?[/quote]

Eligibility for the 50% refund is dependent on your being fiscally resident in France and submitting a tax return here., not whether you pay tax here. EDIT: the boiler must be supplied and fitted by a registered artisan (the same one AFAIK) so DIY will not suffice.

Received avis yesterday with promise of a rebate thanks to new woodburner. "They" have our RIB so unsure how we will be paid but expect it to be direct into bank.

John

Had a cheque yesterday but for rather less than the cost of the 2 appliances that we had fitted.  One was a straightforward Godin woodburner for the living-room and the other was a Godin oven that burnt wood as well as charcoal.

I thought that perhaps only the woodburner would qualify for the full 50% and the oven a bit less.  Don't really know as there wasn't any sort of breakdown or other information enclosed.

Not grousing at all.  It's brilliant to have been allowed this wonderful concession.

Might even buy another appliance or two............no, only joking, the cost of fitting was enough to knock an elephant back on its heels.