Is it a good idea to pay tax in France?

Llantony

Thanks for the helpful replies.   (I know someone is only trying to be funny, but I don't see the point of posting lies - I can't cope with people who can't be trusted to be truthful!)

I assumed we should be in the French tax system as we will be living here.  Not yet sorted with E121 and complementaire and European health card runs out soon.

No-one replied to the question about whether it's possible to get our son to pay for complementaire, as part of the rent for our UK house.  I suspect the payments we will make for the top up health insurance are not allowable against tax?

[quote user="Llantony"]

Thanks for the helpful replies.   (I know someone is only trying to be funny, but I don't see the point of posting lies - I can't cope with people who can't be trusted to be truthful!)

I assumed we should be in the French tax system as we will be living here.  Not yet sorted with E121 and complementaire and European health card runs out soon.

No-one replied to the question about whether it's possible to get our son to pay for complementaire, as part of the rent for our UK house.  I suspect the payments we will make for the top up health insurance are not allowable against tax?

[/quote]

Hi, Llantony,

Top up contributions are not tax deductible.

As far as your son  paying for your complementaire this is possible directly, at least to Exclusive Health Insurance (tel 0494512490(france))--(01212882363 UK) who told me "they don't mind who pays but must be in € via french bank account OR annually by UK Credit Card (not Switch)".

Or as I suggested earlier he could send you the money at Xmas and birthdays when it would qualify as a non- taxable "Present d'usage" .