credit agricole niort

woody234

has anyone got a mortgage or bank with credit agricole in niort, ive got a 10 year fixed rate mortgage and 3 years left to pay  with the ca in niort, i wonder if i paid it off now will i save on the interest or will i have to pay the same amount that i would have paid anyway

thanks for reply, im living in the uk at the moment and i cannot speak french, i should have said that, and i know I can request someone from credit agricole to ring me and speak in english but i expect it will be a call centre some where and will not be able to help

I don't know about Cred Ag, but our lender would charge 3% of the outstanding balance as a penalty clause, if we were to pay it off early ( 15 year fixed interest loan ). You should be able to find out your particular penalty from your original paperwork.

A very high probability that you will have to pay at least a 3% early redemption penalty as well as the remaining capital sum and possibly the interest that you would have paid until the end of he term.

A neighbour is currently "buying out" his wife in a divorce settlement, they have only one year left on their mortgage and have to pay the above on top of the fraise de notaire etc,  he was not at all surprised and regarded it as normal, which like many things in France are indeed normal to the autochtones who know no different.