To "UU" on 2042k is it "or", or is it "and"

milkeybar kid

I see this was stated and queried on another forum, Does anyone agree please , the "OR" is where I am looking for clarification as is I think its left not only me confused . I have always ticked the box UU and named the accounts when showing interest on IV B. Just as our accountant did 2 years ago, cant afford him now!

Apologies pomhorn.

Form 2042k , back page .Paragraph 8

Quote-

-if you have accounts in other countries, put a cross in field UU

Or:

-fill form 3096 or give the details of all your banks accounts outside France on a separate sheet : Bank Name Address of Bank , Address of Heading of account , Type of Account, no numbers

or add a loose page with the same indications.

Last year I gave the man at the tax office my A4 sheet of paper listing all UK Bank accounts - he then put a "X" in the "UU" box... so it must be and "and"

What I do find interesting, is you say list names/addresses/type of accounts etc, but No account sort codes or numbers. I has just got all my stuff ready to take to tax office next week, but after reading this I am about to take account numbers off my A4 sheet. You made me think, an A4 sheet with all my details may not be such a good idea.

[quote user="milkeybar kid"]I have always ticked the box UU and named the accounts when showing interest on IV B. [/quote]I agree that the "or" is confusing.  There are two separate requirements:

(1) You must declare all interest received, whether it came from a bank or not - unless of course you know that it is specifically exempted from tax, like

interest on a Livret A account, or interest earned within an assurance vie contract.

(2) If you had any foreign bank accounts at any time during the year, whether they paid interest or not, you must tick box UU and you must provide a list.