Injury pension - where on the tax form

sueyh

My husband receives an Ill health pension from the police (taxed at source) and also an injury pension (non taxable). Where should we put the non taxable part (injury pension) on the french tax form.

Thank you in anticipation

Suey

I thought Bob T had something like this, but his may be military.

However, what is non taxable in the UK is almost certainly not the same in France. You need to ask your tax office about this as its not a French "pension" and may well be tax deductible here.

However, you also run the risk of a tax office clerk making a decision on the hoof as these pensions are not exactly commonplace in France.

Yes, mine is a military pension, known as a war pension. I ended up getting a French person to look into mine and according to the notes with the blue form, it should not be declared at all. I was surprised about this and asked the bank manager who confirmed it.

[quote user="sueyh"]My husband receives an Ill health pension from the police (taxed at source) and also an injury pension (non taxable). Where should we put the non taxable part (injury pension) on the french tax form.

Thank you in anticipation

Suey[/quote]

Hi,

I have been here 16yrs and have an ill-health and injury pension from the fire service.  You are not required to declare the injury pension in France .(here it is known as a"pension accident du travail" and is exempted by Code General des Impots,art.81-8°).   If you have documentation showing disability of 40% or more ,you can get an extra demi-part on your quotient which will reduce any tax due in France. You will need to have the paperwork officially translated and ensure that the key words--"accident (or maladie) du travail, and more than 40% " are clearly stated.

[quote user="sueyh"]

So do I not therefore declare the Injury pension at all, or do I need permission to not declare it?  Sorry if I am being dense.

Suey

[/quote]

Hi,

You need not declare it at all, but ,if it is for more than 40% disability (as assessed by the police service) and you wish to claim the extra demi-point allowance, you will need to submit details as I have described.