Which forms?

Llantony

Determined to get to grips with first tax return! (see other posting 'I wish I hadn't started') so checked the helpful FAQs on this forum.  It says we need forms: 2042, 2047 and 3916  but Connexions says the first 2 plus 2042C.  Tax office only gave me the first 2 which I've now downloaded to re-do.  So which is it?

Also the FAQ link to how to find your tax office just leads to Google home page.

I believe, Llantony, that the 3916 is only for filling in details of bank accounts that you hold outside of France.

However, if you don't want to fill it in or don't have the form, you can provide the information on a separate piece of paper.  You need to give the usual details:  account name, account type, sort code, account number, name and address of bank and date account opened.

Don't know about 2042C but I know that there are other people on the forum who have mentioned this form.  Try doing a search on the forum.  Otherwise I am sure one of the experts will take pity on you and give you the info!

Good Luck!  I promise you it isn't that hard and you just need to work through it section by section.

[quote user="Llantony"]

Determined to get to grips with first tax return! (see other posting 'I wish I hadn't started') so checked the helpful FAQs on this forum.  It says we need forms: 2042, 2047 and 3916  but Connexions says the first 2 plus 2042C.  Tax office only gave me the first 2 which I've now downloaded to re-do.  So which is it?

Also the FAQ link to how to find your tax office just leads to Google home page.

[/quote]

Hi,

You only need 2042C  if you have business profits to declare (including gite letting) or you have foreign dividend tax credits to reclaim (these would have shown on 2047 page 2 where it says to put them into box TA----which is on 2042C)

"You're a bit late - the cut-off date for submitting your tax declaration was Friday....."

I know, but we went to the tax office last week and they said no problem, made us an appointment for next week - but we want to complete the forms and take them along just to check we've done it right.