Another TdH question

Mr Coeur de Lion

Across the road from me, I own an old barn type house building thingy. It's totally inhabitable unless you're some kind of rodent, lizard or insect. Or politician.

Now, I just received a bill for €32 for taxe d'habitation for it. The amount is small, so I'll pay it, but I just want to know why I have a bill for habitation when it isn't habitable, yet for my own house I live in (which is very habitable), the past couple of years my bill has been zero (apart from the tv licence side of things).

How does that work?

[quote user="Richard"]Across the road from me, I own an old barn type house building thingy. It's totally inhabitable unless you're some kind of rodent, lizard or insect. Or politician.

Now, I just received a bill for €32 for taxe d'habitation for it. The amount is small, so I'll pay it, but I just want to know why I have a bill for habitation when it isn't habitable, yet for my own house I live in (which is very habitable), the past couple of years my bill has been zero (apart from the tv licence side of things).

How does that work?[/quote]

Well, I suppose that if it is classified as some form of usable outbuilding (eg garage) then the habitation requirements are different - eg we pay separate TdH on a parking space and garage in an apartment development.

Regards

Pickles