FD5

Blossom

I have phoned Nottingham and Paris, only to discover that my FD5 (which I submitted in May) appears still to be at our local tax office (a visit is planned for next week)!

Does anyone know if local tax French offices send the FD5 to Paris soon after they have done their calculations; or do they wait to see if we have paid our French tax bill before forwarding the FD5?

Thanks in advance.

[quote user="cooperlola"]It appears to vary - mine wouldn't sign until I paid my first tax bill ... [/quote]

Aahh yes! Our tax office said that they had sent our FD5 to Paris, after they had stamped it, but it didn't seem to arrive there. Anyway, according to Nottingham, nothing ever arrived in the UK so I have been advised by our French tax office and the UK to resubmit everything, including all the photo copies.

Oh joy!! [:-))]

[quote user="Blossom"]I have phoned Nottingham and Paris, only to discover that my FD5 (which I submitted in May) appears still to be at our local tax office (a visit is planned for next week)!

Does anyone know if local tax French offices send the FD5 to Paris soon after they have done their calculations; or do they wait to see if we have paid our French tax bill before forwarding the FD5?[/quote]

Sometimes the local tax office can encounter a 'soucis' with a tax submission, but they don't tell you they have a problem they put it to one side and wait until you contact them to find out why your tax affairs are not progressing as they should. And they do wait until you have submitted a tax return before signing off the form to be sent to Paris.

Hope you form is not 'lost' like ours.

[quote user="cooperlola"]I should say that my own tax office finally just signed mine and gave it back to me and I sent it to Nottingham.  Theoretically this is quite wrong but I got my UK tax back so it worked.[/quote]

Just so wish our large, all-knowing tax office would follow suit.  [8-)] [blink]

I submitted my FD5 in May this year along with my first French tax return, and the bureaux des impots stamped and signed it (giving me a copy) and said they would send it to Paris the same day. And I think they did. HMRC in Nottingham wouldn't do anything for me on receipt of the copy I forwarded to them at the same time (and so I am surprised they acted on one that hadn't come via Paris).

At the end of September I received a letter from them (Nottingham) saying that the Liverpool office would "shortly" issue NT tax codes to the pension funds who pay me. Last week I rang up and found that Liverpool had simply sat on the notification and done nothing, but they promised they would send the NT codes out the next day. I shall be checking up with the pension funds next week to see if they have.

I had a letter in August saying I would receive a refund soon - still hasn't arrived. I've rung twice and they say it's "pending".

The person I spoke to yesterday said she would ask "them", whoever they are, to get a move on. It's my money after all .