Groupama Astrea 2 account

Llantony

We have Groupama insurance and the agent gave us info on a bank account that pays 1& interest, 2% if income is over 950 euros a month. You get a debit or credit card and 5% reduction on one insurance policy.

Sounds very good, but we've had bad experience of Credit Agricole, would this be any better? Or should we try La Poste or Britline?

[quote user="Llantony"] Not sure how La Post works - always long waits in the post office.[/quote]

OH and I have a current account and savings accounts with La Poste, though I must add it is not our main current account. I suppose it might depend on what you want to do with your c/a whether or not you have to queue in the PO. Paying in cash I supose you might have to queue, paying in cheques is done by prepaid envelope. For transfers ie paying someone else I do it by 'virement' having added the recipients name to a list approved by the PO - in case of fraud I presume. Withdrawing cash you could queue up for, but we use the PO machine.

They are extremely cheap at 4€50 a year, including the very pretty cheque book they send you post free. Though we dont have CBs with them and we don't have any insurance.

Don't know about Groupama but if they pay interest on your c/a it can't be too bad.

[quote user="suein56"][quote user="Llantony"] [/quote]
They are extremely cheap at 4€50 a year, including the very pretty cheque book they send you post free. Though we dont have CBs with them and we don't have any insurance.

[/quote]

I no longer pay charges for my Credit Lyonnaise account after deciding that the carte bleue was a chocolate teapot but it must cost them significantly to run it.

I draw money out of their cash machine with my Nationwide card then pay it in over the counter to cover the one standing order that I have and the rare cheques that I write, it is also used for my remboursement of feiilles de soin.

A couple of years ago they decided in their wisdom that I was a UK resident and could not be persuaded otherwise, they refused to acknowledge my French address, according to them I have never lived there although they were at a loss to explain how my previous statements were sent there and why that is the address in my cheque book "informatiquement c'est pas possible monsieur".

Now I just chuckle that they pay the cost of an air mail letter every month to send a statement to England showing one transaction [:D]

A bigger bunch of incompetents I have yet to meet, and believe me I have experienced many, other customers are paying dear.

Sadly, I've heard so many similar stories of incompetence. Customer service as we know it rarely happens - there is never an apology. Employees of major services just won't accept they were wrong! I wrote to edf 3 times notifying change of address, enclosing cheques which were cashed. The 4th time no reply again, but the address was changed. I then agreed to a direct debit,l refusing their breakdown insurance. Guess what, the insurance was put in place but not the direct debit. etc. etc.