a comprehnsive discussion on magnetism

I have put this under "health" because it seems the most logical heading and there IS mention of the difficulty of getting to see health professionals which all of us would have encountered.

Then magnetism does have rather a long history in France.  I myself did have recourse to a "coupeur de feu" at the end of my 33 sessions of radiotherapy.

It's a discussion involving people from different fields of healthcare.  I suppose it is the sort of subject that will not have universal appeal but I am hoping that at least a few will find the subject interesting and perhaps even helpful;

https://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/podcasts/grand-bien-vous-fasse/grand-bien-vous-fasse-du-jeudi-11-janvier-2024-1621212?utm_source=pocket-newtab-fr-fr

Thank you Mint!

I was never a believer in this type of thing, and scoffed (behind the backs) at people who did.  And then I got a really bad case of shingles, even my doctor was "ooh la la, that's huge, it's really going to hurt"!  He prescribed antibiotics and antivirals.  I slathered myself with aloe-vera gel and hoped for the best.

My husband insisted that I see a coupeur de feu, who is also a friend, and head of the local hunt. I told him (the coupeur de feu) that I didn't really believe in it, he said it wasn't necessary!  I had 2 sessions with him in person, and 2 more over the phone.  Whether it was the gel, the drugs, or the magnetism I have no idea, but I hardly suffered at all.

I would use it again, especially as it costs nothing (they are not allowed to take payment) although i did give him an especially nice bottle of wine afterwards.

I’ve seen 3 rebouteurs over the course of the last 16 years. The first was the most spectacular success. He sorted, in the space of 5 minutes, a very nasty twisted thigh muscle problem for which the MT had only offered prescriptions for painkillers and which was getting worse by the week.   A genuine healer, ’thanks’ were entirely voluntary and discretionary. The experience certainly converted me.  Equally, friends and OH have seen more ’structured’ i.e. moneymaking versions without noticeable success. The only way to find a genuine one is by word of mouth and the art seems to be on the decline which is a dreadful shame.

Thank you for your interesting replies betise and Noisette.

Mine was recommended by my kiné who I was seing weekly at the time.  She herself (the kiné) had fallen into the fire at her grandfather's home and had a largish burn on her thigh.  She said she didn't even have a scar after the magnetiseur and showed me her leg.

At that time, I was in very low spirits, my cancer therapy, all of it, was judged to have been finished and that nothing else could be offered to me that would help.  I was also frightened and physically much weakened by the chimio and the couple of burns from the rayons.

I did feel I was grasping at straws but, in view of nothing else on offer I went.  I had a total of 4 sessions and my "angoisse" eased.  It's true that she'd see me after her day job and always had plenty of time to talk to me and to LISTEN.

The link I gave did mention this aspect of alternative therapists having more time for each individual patient and that their care was more holistic than merely treating the thing that was wrong.  Could be this, could be that, could be the placebo effect.....who cares as long as the patient feels better and has hopes of some form of recovery?

I must add that in all the dozens and dozens of hours I'd spent in hospital and other waiting rooms, many of those waiting had told me about magnetiseurs.  I had never heard of such people in the UK!