RSI payments

Shelly

I've received an RSI bill extra to the cotistations i've been paying. I was aware of it from my accountant but thought that it would be payable in December. It's our 2nd year in business. Does anyone know what the late payment charges are on it. Is there anyone wh has been able to get an extension from Rsi. It says that it's due tomorrow the 5th. We're still waiting for our carte vitales after 18 months also.

Don't worry, we are still waiting for our cartes vitales after having registered for auto entrepreneur in Feb 2009, they still keep saying they need more information from RAM, tho we have our attestation, it would be so much easier with a carte vitale but I am not holding my breath!

petal

Shelly it is always worth going to see RSI and asking them if they can help. We have always found phone calls, letters and emails get us nowhere, but face to face has always worked. They do have flexibility in payment arrangements, but you need to go quickly. Our cartes vitales took 2 years and that was after several visits.

Are you AE or micro-BIC/BNC? I'm not sure of the deadlines for AE, but

as a micro-BIC, RSI usually demand cotisation in the last trimestre for the 5th November, and for me, their figure is adjusted in this trimestre, so

usually ends up a lot more expensive (I'm in my third year, which makes

it even worse). I think the fine is 10% for a late payment. You could

always give them a call and see what they say. Shame your accountant didn't give you a bit more warning.

Wouldn't worry about the Carte Vitel - I've waited 2.5 years, and chased them up several times, and am still waiting. :)

Hi, thanks for that. We have a sarl company. Don't know if that's classed as micro. It did state Nov 5th. I'm waiting for my accountant to get back to me. Hopefully he will contact the RSI. We sent our translated birth certificates off to Ram as requested a year ago. We received our attestion numbers after our accountant complained about the delay. Three months ago the RSI asked for our birth certificates. Crazy! All the french say is , c'est normal en France. They certainly have deadlines and fines for contributions but it doesn't swing the other way.

Hi Shelly, a SARL is basically a limited company - a few more legal expenses and expensive accountancy fees but you can pay yourself dividends instead of a salary (as I understand it). The deadline dates are probably the same though. I always check the dates each year, because RAM, URSSAF and CIPAV (the ones I pay at any rate) don't always get the TIP to me in time - might be worth doing in the future, and then just double checking that your accountant has the information before the dates arrive.

I had the same issue. I gave all the details requested for my carte vitel (2.5 years ago), and it was only a couple of weeks ago I got a letter in the post asking for some extra bits and pieces (which they hadn't demanded before now), such as birth certificate.

Certainly doesn't work both ways. Last year URSSAF took payment from me twice, and I had to get the bank to write a letter to them (despite the fact they could see payment had gone through twice), and it took a few months and several phonecalls to get my money back.

Hi, thanks for the info. Yes i'm aware of the dividends that you can take out. Just spoken to my accountant. The deadline is actually 15th November. This is just a notification of what's to come. He's rang RSI and will now send a letter to say the payment will be late. He said that should be fine. We'll be billed for the late payment but he will get that cancelled. It's now when we know we have a good accountant. He's on to the carte vitales with them too. I'll keep you posted on it.