Still not received Habitation Tax Notice

John Brown

This year, for the first time, I'm expecting to get a nil demand on my Tax Habitation because I was over 60 on the 1st Jan 2010 and am just under the income threshold set for this year.

The money I've been paying in by direct debit each month has to a cent been credited back into my bank account.

I've not received any notification yet in the post.

Is this normal or should I visit the Tax Offices asap

JB

You can always email them, as I mentioned in another thread, but if they have returned the money you have been paying it is just about certain that they have decided you have nothing to pay. You may well come into one of the areas which have to pay on December 15th, and they will see no urgency in getting out a nil demand.

On the other hand, if you wish to do the same again next year in case you have a higher income and become liable to pay you will have to ask the centre of prélèvements to start debiting your account again , as they will have automatically stopped once they credited your account.

Thanks for the sound advice Norman.

I'll give them till next week and if its not arrived by then I'll email or call in to their offices.

We should remain under the income limit until my OH starts receiving her pension in Jan 2012 and then me the following year.

Until then we will dip into our savings in the UK

JB