Annuities

minnie

OH has a small pension plan and needs to convert to an annuity at 65 (in a couple of months). The pension plan is via a UK Company but he needs to find a company which will give him an annuity. Will UK companies give him an annuity even though he is now resident in France?

[quote user="minnie"]OH has a small pension plan and needs to convert to an annuity at 65 (in a couple of months). The pension plan is via a UK Company but he needs to find a company which will give him an annuity. Will UK companies give him an annuity even though he is now resident in France?[/quote]

Why not ? Your choice of where you live is yours not theirs. Lots of UK pensioners live in France/Spain and still get their state pension, and may I add the heating allowance, so why should a UK based commercial  insurance company refuse you your pension, which you have bought; it's not a gift. By the way make sure you check out all the insurance company's to make sure you get the best deal. You are allowed to buy your annuity from the company that makes you the best offer, and it doesn't have to be the company that you invested your money with.

The problem is that when I try to go into comparisons via google everything seems to be geared towards UK residents. I'm sure I could arrange something for OH but, as Sweet says, choices are very limited. I just wondered if anyone in our position had recently had a good annuity deal via a UK company

Minnie, wait till Erns/Another comes on when he sees your thread.  I believe that he knows about annuities and also about other things you can do with your pension pot apart from annuities.

In fact, if he doesn't put in an appearance, why not PM him?  He's a genial sort and he likes talking about money![:)]