UK Tax

sueyh

Following on from my last post above- wait for it Sweet..........  YIPEEEE!

Saw on our bank statement on line that a sum had been credited from HMRC, as it's a joint account and as  the entry didn't specify to which one  of us this was being paid, I rang them up again and was told that it is repayment to me, my husband's will follow "shortly."

I know the wheels don't always necessarily seem so well oiled and that sometimes the wait to speak to someone can be tedious, but really I can't fault them. Everyone I've spoken to for either myself or on behalf of my husband has been helpful and pleasant,patiently explained things to a rather obtuse me and, even more important, they have done what they said they'd do !

So Bon Courage to anyone else who is dealing with HMRC from a happy ex(uk)-tax payer, well partially-ex..

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky old you, Sue!

Yes, that bank credit was from the tax people so that's 2008/2009 up to date so I shall get on the blower in the next couple of days to chase up what they owe me for 2007/2008.

Alas, problems with phone in the new house so I have to get all my internet and telephoning done when I am in the old!

Will use your number when I ring and perhaps I'll get the same helpful person you did...