Tax Form 2042 Box 8TL

BluegrassFreak

After reading a French Tax help guide it advises as follows:" If you have a UK old age pension and have completed section VIII of the 2047, then copy the total pension figure to box 8TL on the 2042"

I only receive a Form 2042K, ( ie. I do not put anything on a 2047) I then make the submission on line. On the 2042K I have put my private pension and our State pensions in boxes 1AS and 1BS, if I then put the total of our UK state pensions into box 8TL will this be counted twice as income? or is there some tax advantage to putting it also in 8TL with regard to CRDS ?

If your income comes from outside France then you must fill in both forms.  Download 2047 from the link in the FAQs.

Post edited : Sorry I made a mistake there!  I appologise if you read this before I changed it.  Of course you don't pay CRDS as you get your healthcare from the UK.[:$]  (I thought that you had referred to the tax FAQs on this forum, but I see that it was from elsewhere.)

This is what you should do:

Q: I have a UK non-public sector pension - how do I declare this?

A: Company pensions and the UK old age state pension are entered (gross) on form 2047 section I. PENSIONS, RETRAITES, RENTES.  The totals then go across to box AS/BS on the 2042.  

Finally, if your French healthcare cover is courtesy of an E-form, then you are exempt from social charges (contributions sociales) on your UK company and old age pensions.  So, on form 2047 section VIII  REVENUS DE SOURCE ÉTRANGÈRE SOUMIS EN FRANCE À L’IMPÔT SUR LE REVENU ET IMPOSABLES À LA CONTRIBUTION POUR LE REMBOURSEMENT DE LA DETTE SOCIALE (C.R.D.S.) - just write in 'Titulaire de formulaire E121 (or whichever E-form you have), donc je ne suis pas a la charge de l'assurance maladie' and leave the amount box blank.