A Football Update - dept 16

Hi Jongleuse here,

Just for you football fans out there!! Jongleur posted a while back that our eldest's football team (Under 13's with only 14 players on a good weekend) had won their league and were in the semi-final for the department cup on the 24th April.

Well we did it!! With grandad out for a visit and watching his grandson play for the first time. Our village won against Mansle 2-0!!!! Mansle had beaten the favourites for the cup in the quarter final, so thought they had it made.

Then with all the parents and a load of other supporters we hired a coach and went to La Rochefoucauld on May 8th to play in the final against Soyaux (a team from Angouleme, who have two Under 13 teams!!) We all had our hair sprayed red (our colours) and faces painted. Goodness knows what I looked like. Jongleur was given the honour of going with the 2 trainers to the sidelines and I showed the French mums how to cheer!! I have to admit to nearly falling over the barrier at one point, I was so excited!!

You guessed it. WE WON!!!! The end result 3-0 with all goals scored in the second half. Good job we had the coach, there was much celebrating. Soyaux (poor things!) looked pig sick and stunned!!

So just had to share that with everyone. It is such an honour for our village, especially as we are down the road from the Cognac club who have several Under 13 teams - but they didn't qualify!!! We had a feast (salad and cold meats, but who cares) after the match with the kids all getting a beer!! Roll on next season.

From a very proud mum (who doesn't understand football, but cheers anyway!!)
Jongleuse