Heinz Baked Beans £1 a can

Hyper U in Montmorillon (86) have just started an English shelf with such delights as Piccalilli

They've got other bits like Birds custard powder, Bisto gravy and McVites digestives as well but no Fullers London Pride

As you'd expect, all items are at premium prices so we'll carry on our exchange system with guests.

Guess it’s just a sign of the times.

Paul

http://www.unique-crafts-from-france.com/

When we saw Baked Beanz in our Intermarche with the 39p price flash on them I wondered if the checkout girl would accept 39p! Needless to say the Euro price was a bit more. Most of our local supermarkets now have 'foreign' shelves (not just English) and we have a new Epicerie Anglaise opened up in St Savinien. Mind you, there are plenty of French shops in UK - but mostly selling to locals not expat French people.

[quote]We managed to resist until we discovered a local charcuterie that sells ready-made hachis parmentier. Shepherd's Pie and beans...[/quote]

Absolutly nothing to do with beans but I now know where I've seen you before Dick. BBC 2 at around 03.00 presenting an OU course on "The Theory of Motor Racing Being The Cause Of An Outbreak Of Worldwide Boredom"