Travelling from Paris to Angouleme

My daughter is thinking of travelling to Paris by eurostar and then catching the TGV to Angouleme.  Can you help with some information about this trip i.e is the TGV station far from the Eurostar station ? 

Ruth

The easier routes are :

Eurostar to Lille - 50 minutes wait then train with no changes round Paris to Angouleme.

Eurostar to 'Marne la Vallee' ( should be called Euro Disney) and pick up a direct train to Angouleme there. ( NB French railway website does not always admit this is possible but it is)

Both these routes avoid having to take Metro between Paris Railway stations. From memory it is under 40 minutes but there is a fair amount of walking.

For reasons the German State Railway websites is better at journey planning than the French one even for journeys in France but I am sorry to say I have lost the link.

[quote]My daughter is thinking of travelling to Paris by eurostar and then catching the TGV to Angouleme. Can you help with some information about this trip i.e is the TGV station far from the Eurostar stat...[/quote]

She needs the Eurostar from UK to Paris Gare du Nord.

Then take the Metro (forgot which one now! as I go robot fashion around the Metro!) to Paris Montparnasse (Grandes Lignes) where all the TGV for that side of France are starting from.

If not taking a TGV she needs to go from Paris Austerlitz (Grandes Lignes). Possibly change at Poitiers.

Look up the SNCF web site there is an English speaking search engine for tickets/timetable etc... and ability to pay by credit card to obtain E-tickets.

I do the journey quite frequently when coming from UK to visit my family who lives in Deux-Sèvres (79)

[quote]The easier routes are : Eurostar to Lille - 50 minutes wait then train with no changes round Paris to Angouleme. Eurostar to 'Marne la Vallee' ( should be called Euro Disney) and pick up a direct tr...[/quote]

Anton is right - Even my 80 year old in-laws managed the Lille route and they don't speak a word of French. Changing platforms at Lille is the most complicated manoeuvre required.