Saintes Market Day, Monday 5th June!

Hi

We have been here in Saintes now for the past 6/7 weeks, have met a few people french and english all have been very helpful, which we appreciate greatly.

We are just taking things slowly, getting settled in at our own pace, no rush a whole life ahead , well half of one at any rate

I just wondered whether there are any folks planning to visit the market in Saintes on Monday? a huge affair on the first monday of each month as those around will already know!
We would love to meet meet up with some of you, we will be having lunch in the restaurent on the corner of mainstreet opposite the courthouse, ( big red place, tables outside, didnt catch the name as yet, sorry! ) if you would like to meet up, have drink and a natter, drop us a line, in anycase we will be there 12.30,

hope to meet some new faces!

Tim, Tanya

Saintes is a lovely town isn't it? I've heard a lot of people rave about the monthly market.

I'll be riding 25k to Taillebourg on the Sunday, and think I'll spend the whole of Monday lying down crying

(by the way Monday is the 6th

Saintes is a lovely town isn't it? absolutely but don't tell everyone!

I will not be around for the 6th but might make it to the Foire in July. I managed to see a bit of the Foire last September, it looked wonderful but had to dash to take the rellies back to the airport and couldn't stay

BTW Tresco, good luck with the bicycle ride.

Gill

"I have a back up plan hatched with my friend Monsieur Ricardo"

Tresco, this sounds very interestingdon't do anything you might regret later!

Wish I was going to the Saturday market in Saintes today but unfortunately I have to go to work.

Gill