Trains from Laval to Charles de Gaulle Airport

Can anyone help me please ?????

I am trying to find out what the train fare is from Laval to the above. I have tried the SNCF site but am only able to locate the train times NOT the fares!!

After an EIGHT hour car journey to collect the outlaws last week (don't ask!!) we are thinking of taking them back by train!

thank you in advance

I've had the same problem with the SNCF site. I think that the knack is to fool 'em into thinking you want to book - so enter your requirements, carry on through the booking process (i.e. tell 'em where you want to go, when, how many in you party, etc) and eventually the site has no alternative but to give you prices - and if I remember correctly, it will give you prices for the various options you've said you still want (e.g. travel between certain times, on specific date etc.). Obviously, you don't have to part with any credit card details etc., at this point, but you will (hopefully) have tricked them into revealing those elusive prices!!

As an aside, I've found similar problems with a number of French websites (ANPE is another one, IMHO). They seem not to want to part with information that's fundamental to finding out what you want to know!!

Anyway, good luck! Hope it coughs up the details for you!

Jane

A lot of people seem to have difficulty with the SNCF web site. I couldn't get much information about direct services, so have to assume you can't get from Laval to the TGV station at the airport.

Assuming you get the RER to the airport, which is what I do, the fare to Paris is 42.80€ direct plus 7.85€ to get from Montparnasse to the airport (metro to Denfert-Rochereau, RER 3 to airport). If you get the slower service and change at Le Mans it is slightly cheaper. Alternatively, it looks as if you can get from Laval to Massy (54.50€ direct) and get the RER from there. You can't book RER trains on the SNCF site, which may be where you were finding trouble. If the web site doesn't work, which it often doesn't, you can book by phone, call 3635.

If I were you I'd call in at my local station and ask. I know that there is a TGV direct from Le Mans to CDG airport, friends have used it and it doesn't take long either. Don't know about the Laval to Le Mans bit, can't remember it being a long drive if there isn't a train.

edit, you asked the price,around 40 euros.

I had to take the train back to CDG last year from Evron. It cost me 48 Euros single and I changed at Le Mans. There was a train that left around 06.00 that was direct and may have been an advantage. It was a good service except for the wait at the change in Le Mans. It took around three and a half hours in total. The best thing to do is call in at the station which is where I got my information even with my poor French. Write out what you want to know on a piece of paper and they usually write the times and prices on there for you.