Bars with Canal +

If you are just looking for Canal + (rather than a bar) then you may be covered by TNT (terrestrial digital TV) which I believe broadcasts Canal + free to air. TNT seems to have no subscription and you just need to purchase a decoder (which are readily available and not too expensive (start at around €60 – offset against you bar bill ??). coverage and channel info for TNT on http://www.tnt-gratuite.fr/

Not quite the same atmosphere but just a thought.

Ian

I think you will find that British football (Prem League) is on TPS not Canal Plus.

Incidentally Deimos is correct in saying that Canal Plus is available on TNT but only the free to air bits, which does include Les Guignols which makes it worth buying a box. But it doesn't include any footie.

I sometimes go to a bar in Saint Malo which has TPS and the station I believe is called Foot+. I wouldn't go there to see two teams from Norf London though (I wouldn't even go next door!!) but I would for the team on the west side that play in Blue

[quote]I sometimes go to a bar in Saint Malo which has TPS and the station I believe is called Foot+. I wouldn't go there to see two teams from Norf London though (I wouldn't even go next door!!) but I would...[/quote]

"but I would for the team on the west side that play in Blue"

Yep , Miki, I think QPR are worth watching too

Only when Rodney Marsh or Stan Bowles were playing there !!

Other times it was just purgatory and I say that even though two good friends played for them over the years as well as Tina's family having a couple of members play at Loftus Road !

Still could never prise me away from being a fan for the team at the Bridge though !!