Hi We ( Me a builder and my wife a Teacher) are moving to France for good next January 2006. We own a small gite complex Maison + 2 gite.( well it will be when its finished. I will be looking for a little gardening / diy / keyholding job. perhaps 2 or 3 in district 86 near to Angles-s- Anglin. Does anyone Know if this sound a posibilaty. Thanks nichthewood

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

May we agree with the sentiments of Lee;
We have now been resident in the area not far from Angles sur Anglin for three years.  The competition for keyholding and gardening is already very high and getting higher.

Always best to have a skill that you can show experience or qualifications for working in France especially if you do not wish to be picked up by French Authorities - and believe us it happens:  DIY jobs are frowned upon - especially if done 'au noir'.

We are talking from experience - both our own and others - as we have successfully registered and been running a helpline for people wishing to settle in France either temporarily or permanently and we see many who decide to try and avoid the rules: 

Please do not be under the illusion that it will be easy to pick this type of work - not always the case.

Nicky

Sorry if you receive this twice - am a newcomer to the system

Hi Nicky

Please don't get me wrong. We aren't intending to get involved in the "Black market" All would be above board. I will be running for a short time my company from England. When the Gite complex is up and running, it will be registered with the relevant authorities. Our local Mairie is aware of what we intend to do and is very supportive.

• 9 months later...

We are moving to south and have a mower if you are still considering work as a gardener, as well as possibly land of your own to keep managed.It's capable of good capacity and hardly used,reasonably priced, and may be possible to deliver if near enough. Would like to take the opportunity to wish you both good luck in any venture here.