Long term rental needed

Hi,

We are looking for long term rental in Poitou Charente, Pays de la Loire or Indre.  We have recently sold our property and would like to rent a house with at least 2 bedrooms for a year or maybe longer from end October, preferably with broadband connection and storage for garden tools.  We  are a married couple with no children and no pets.  Can someone help please?  thanks.

Thank you all for your replies.  We are finding a bit difficult to rent as we have been to a number of estate agencies who require proof of income ie. last three months payslip.  We do have income, we pay our taxes here, but we do not hold jobs in France.  We also suggested to them that we can provide a bank guarantee, but some are still very reluctant.  Anyway, we are still looking for a house, preferably unfurnished, as we have just sold our house.

[quote user="Aube"]   .  We are finding a bit difficult to rent as we have been to a number of estate agencies who require proof of income ie. last three months payslip.  We do have income, we pay our taxes here, but we do not hold jobs in France.  We also suggested to them that we can provide a bank guarantee, but some are still very reluctant. 
[/quote]

Yes, it is awkward to rent through agencies - not impossible, but difficult; which is why we rented from a private individual found via a local newspaper advertisement.

Sue

Thank you to all those who replied.  I think we have found a suitable house for us. 

To Nank,

Thanks for your post about angloinfo.com.  We have found our house through totalfrance.com, there are plenty of ads under the classifieds section.  Good luck with your search.

To Riberac,

Thank you.  I will certainly search pap.fr if I need to find accommodation in the future.