[quote user="chaiq"]

hi I to any and all expats near menigoute     we have bought a plot of land near menigoute  'Le Bourliere'   and would like to meet/say hi to any english living in that area maybe meet up for a drink and chat

[/quote]

Hi Chaiq,

I've just read your post , however, I am not living near the area you mention. Our home is in Scotland but we are living in Normandy at present and ,this coming Saturday we are driving to Malaga/Spain ( FOR A BIT OF HEAT). !

May I ask you ,what part of Spain are you living in at present as I am interested in the possibility of also investing ( in a small way) in Spain and, would be interested in your fist hand views of buying/living  in Spain.

I can give you mine ,on buying/living in France.

Kind regards,

Leo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Leo 

We live in spain ner Alicante  approx 25mins drive from airport and 15mins inland from coast, our 'finca' is 3 bed 2 bath with pool.

I would be glad to give any help or try to answer any questions you have re buying in spain,    full of pitfalls for the unwary   best advise ,DONT LEAVE BRAINS ON PLANE,      Think before commiting  a lot of good sales people out here with no scruples  just out to sell.

Tony

• 1 month later...

[:)] Just like to say Hi to everyone, my name is wendy and my husband is called Nomad (Tony) we are in the middle of buying a property in Treignac, hope to have completed by the end of Jan 07.

We are bikers so we travel around France a lot, we will be taking early retirement and thought that france would be the ideal place to be -  for our passion (bikes).

I have been reading the forum for a while now so decided to join in, i have found it very interesting, lots of helpful tips and information.

Hi leo just  looked at your reply

We live near alicante  ,well when I say near a 25 min drive from it    and as you would expect 20 mins from airport and access to flights from uk.

Spain is still a good investment but not as good now as it was say 5 years ago as prices are rising   due to influx of ex pats and other nationals coming over.

Obviously  the nearer the coast the higher the cost     ie frontline places   so if being right on the coast is not too importamt go inland some,, if you are thinking of renting look at good tourist areas and dont forget some people dont drive abroad so again facilities and some night life maybe needed  , if renting dont buy top class furniture but decent stuff never the less ,   think of yoiur rentors  ie will it be couples families etc etc this will help decide on bathrooms  pool etc etc etc

Any way Leo if you want to ask anything specific please feel free to do so ands if I can help I will or try to find out for you

[:D]