Are there any Pellerades?

LAST EDITED ON 18-May-04 AT 09:26 PM (BST)

I am currently researching my family tree. However I have come stuck on my Mothers side of the family and out of interest wondered if anyone could find any Pellerades in their phone books, who may be surviving relatives. The story so far, My Great Grandparents Georges and Marguerite Pellerade came to England in 1903 at the ages of 19 and 16 respectively. The young couple left their home town of Nantes. They came to England so that their son/s would not have to serve in the military forces (compulsory at that time).Marguerite never learnt to speak English only pidgeon. Georges was a Chef de Cuisine and once cooked for King George V and Queen Mary. My grandfather was born in Dover shortly after their arrival. On searching the net I believe that Geneology in France has to be done by professionals, thereby incurring fees. I am trying to get the groundwork done before our next trip down. Obviously to visit all the Cantons and Communes would be very time consuming. As would visiting all the Mairies and record houses ect. So I would like to narrow down my field of search. sorry for the long posting.
Terry(11500)Aude & Hants

LAST EDITED ON 20-May-04 AT 08:27 AM (BST)

It's not that straightforward because each phone book is listed alphabetically within each town, therefore you would have to search through every town within the region your phone book covers - quite a task.

No Pellerades where we are.

• 2 years later...

Dear Terry

Am not certain if you will receive this message, but found your request whilst googling "pellerade".

As far as I can recall, I'm your cousin, and I believe we have met once when we were teenagers

.... gosh i'm now 46 !   If my facts are correct, I will also be the last Pellerade once (if he hasn't

passed away already) Maurice disappears (sorry, but my father Peter was never fond of him !)

You mother Margot and Sandra sent a beautiful white flower arrangement which I placed next to

the white ones from my sister and I, on Dad's coffin at his funeral service last year. He died a year

after our mother passed away, basically from a broken heart. He and Cherry enjoyed an amazing

46 year marriage, and left a loving family legacy. They had a love affair with Africa, and us children

are so grateful for the  incredible life and opportunities this has afforded us. It's in our blood too !

I have a beautiful 13 year old daughter, who will most probably be joining RADA in London (in

the footsteps of our mother !) when she is 18. Though I travel regularly to London, we are in the

process of opening a Pellerade branch in the UK, and are currently looking for a country home in

Berkshire, round the Ascot area; where we have friends and is a short distance to/for our London

clientele.  Please let me know if you receive this e-mail. I'm off to Gabon in the morning, and will

be back in Johannesburg at the weekend.

Kind regards

Stephen Pellerade

[quote user="Leslauriers"]LAST EDITED ON 20-May-04 AT 08:27 AM (BST)

It's not that straightforward because each phone book is listed alphabetically within each town, therefore you would have to search through every town within the region your phone book covers - ... [/quote]

On line, using the link to pages blanches it's sufficient to put in a surname and then the number of the departement.  Much quicker than the paper version!  I did try 44 (for Nantes area), and found no one of that name, and also tried a few other departement numbers.

So maybe you really are the last one ...

Angela

No we haven't gone to Western Australia unfortunately we are still here in grey ol' blighty!!!!  [:(] Think the two Pellerades in Oz are my Aunt and uncle who emigrated about three years ago!

Haven't posted for a while because there really hasn't been anything much going on - and I've been pretty busy what with trying to find a new job and all! Maybe now I'm back here on the site I'll have a quick look around whilst I'm here.

JoH

Hants and Aude (not nearly as often as I'd like to be!!!)