CHRISTMAS- SOMETHING TO DO NEAR POITIERS ?

We will be in France over Christmas - have to- to pay M. le Plombier etc & arrange next job, and will be stripping wallpaper off a ceiling !   and OH has to take leave betw. Christmas & NY. 

SO any suggestions for anything to do betw. 22- 30th December near Poitiers ? Could be Christmas markets, music, carol singing, art,  & planning to use TGV to go the Paris - any ideas there?

Willing to travel by car in the Vienne  & perhaps by train if futher

Regards & thanks

Tegwini

Mistletoe 2

Hi Tegwini

Poitiers itself will be nice to visit,  very festive with many small wooden chalets in the main square (in front of the Hotel de Ville) and surrounding streets selling different gifts, jewellery, pictures, lamps and toys plus numerous other things, they  usually also have a small open air ice rink in the square and stalls selling waffles and chocolates and the like!

We have gone to Poitiers the last three Christmases to have a wander round and soak up the atmosphere, usually puts us in the Christmas mood! If you're going in it would be nice to go late afternoon or early evening when everythings lit up.

Hope you enjoy whatever you do.

Hazel

[quote user="Cendrillon"]

Bugbear

[8-)]since when was Poitiers near Vienna?

The Vienne yes but Vienna (Wien) Austria ..............non!

Was this a joke?[:)]

[/quote]

What, don't tell me the've moved it ?

[:D][:D]

I changed it when the OP couldn,t be bothered to reply.

Hi Bugbear  & Cendrillon

Is OP me ?- not sure I get this www. speak! 

Was  NOT a matter of not 'being bothered' - for starters I didn't notice your here - and have only just discovered you can click on these

I do get out, & have a life too,  hence not 'au fait' with  all this stuff!!!    And, it does show Vienna - nice place, stayed there, but a  long way from Poitiers.

No point in such comments,  and  I did reply, moved this request to get some suggestions, rather not have any responses such as this!

Tegwini

This is the note I posted a day or ago on western france

Hello Bugbear

Sorry, but nothing received - & also in original post, have been waiting for it (like Christmas) was it a pm ?  - also did not arrive & all ok with email, could you pse try again.  TXS