Marche de Noel - Niort 79 THE BIG ONE!!!!!!!

Starts next wednesday 12th December  - 24th December.

Rue Victor Hugo (just next to 'Serpent' road!!!!)

you'll find the farmers produce 'chalets'  : ostriche products from the famous farm at Couhe, esgargots, miel, pineau, wines, organic chutney from Celles sur Belles (highly recommended!!!)

...and the artists, Funky, eyecatching  pottery from La Rochelle babe, Gail; handmade leather handbags to die for, unique glasswork from Chauney, Metalwork, handcrafted  jewellery - fantasie and silver, ceramics....etc....etc... all members of the Metiers d'Art.

the commercant chalets are near place de la Breche, next to the temporary ice rink.

opening times for the chalets are 10am - 7pm everyday, the Marche nocturne is saturday 15th until 9pm ( weather permitting) There will be a visit from Santa at the night market too.

Don't miss the 'Vin chaud' chalet - always popular!!!

Anyone new to the region, please come and experience this lovely underestimated  town.!!!! There are lots of lovely pedestrianised streets with gorgeous little boutiques and some great cafes!

If you're still struggling with your French - don't worry, I'll point you in the right direction! Lots of the market people speak a little English if you ask nicely!!!!! Just ask for Samanta l'Anglaise!!!(I'll be there in my chalet!)

There are a few free car parks near the Donjon (cross the river - you'll see the signs! - just a short walk to rue victor hugo!)

Hope to see you there!

samanta

I am not advertising anything , and I think Samanta is just informative, because  yes, this Christmas market is great, I wouldn't miss it !! When I have no ideas for pressies, I often find good ones there, and the atmosphere is fun.

And yes, for the moment it is still possible to park at " La Brèche " .

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/pere-noel-marche.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="Bastet"]

Hi 

I can't see a website link in Samanta's posts so thanks for the info.

[/quote]

Bastet, it's the WWW blue button at the bottom of Sams post, next to the pm and email buttons. Lot's of members link to their website that way.[:)]