Tax query - UK Industrial Injuries/Police Injury Awards

stan

Can someone remind me where, or if I have to, declare, on the Tax return, my UK Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit and my Police Injury Award amount, both of which are not taxed. I believe the latter is classed as 

"pension accident du travail dans le sens du CGI,art. 81-8. pour

invalidité de plus que 40%"(mines is within the 50-75% banding). Apologies to the member who contacted me before re this, but I have deleted the email by accident. Help!!

Also, where can I find the amount of credit to claim for installation of new eco doors and windows?

Thanks in advance.

I do believe it is not taxed at all and is therefore not recorded on the tax form.

Quote from previous posts on this matter: (parsnips)

"You are not required to declare the injury pension in

France .(here it is known as a"pension accident du travail" and is

exempted by Code General des Impots,art.81-8°).   If you have

documentation showing disability of 40% or more ,you can get an extra

demi-part on your quotient which will reduce any tax due in France. You

will need to have the paperwork officially translated and ensure that

the key words--"accident (or maladie) du travail, and more than 40% "

are clearly stated.
"

The link can be found HERE

That was in 2009, perhaps parsnips would like to comment to say if things have changed?

Thanks Jay, that was my recollection of the post! The paperwork I have is basically just numbers, ie calculation of injury pension, the words "Police Injury Award" and "Level of Disablement 3 (3 being the 50-75% banding, which is stated on the form). Apart from about 6 words, all are numbers, so I am just wondering if the English worded version would be accepted as it is rather self explanatory with even a basic knowledge of English ...but then again this is France !!!

[quote user="stan"]Thanks Jay, that was my recollection of the post! The paperwork I have is basically just numbers, ie calculation of injury pension, the words "Police Injury Award" and "Level of Disablement 3 (3 being the 50-75% banding, which is stated on the form). Apart from about 6 words, all are numbers, so I am just wondering if the English worded version would be accepted as it is rather self explanatory with even a basic knowledge of English ...but then again this is France !!!

[/quote]

Hi,

When I needed documentation for the same purpose, I wrote to my pension provider explaining the situation and asking them for an "explanatory" letter , in which I asked them to insert the key phrases such as  "in- service injury award"  and "level of disability 50- 75%" , then got an english "traducteur assermenté", to use the appropriate french translation to tick the tax-man's boxes. 

Thanks Parsnips, I think I may have left this a bit late as I thought that the half part was solely due to having a carte d`invalidité of at least 80%. I am not sure how long it will take for my pension provider (a city council) to provide such a letter. I doubt whether I will have it in time, all translated, in time for the end of May deadline. Is it acceptable to tick the box and provide a covering letter with the submitted tax forms stating that the required translated document would be with the tax office in due course?

[quote user="stan"]Thanks Parsnips, I think I may have left this a bit late as I thought that the half part was solely due to having a carte d`invalidité of at least 80%. I am not sure how long it will take for my pension provider (a city council) to provide such a letter. I doubt whether I will have it in time, all translated, in time for the end of May deadline. Is it acceptable to tick the box and provide a covering letter with the submitted tax forms stating that the required translated document would be with the tax office in due course?

[/quote]

Hi,

I would do that, and send a copy of the paperwork you do have with an explanatory note ,and informing them that you are getting a properly translated letter in due course. If they don't accept this, it doesn't matter as once you have the necessary you can reclaim overpaid tax up to 3 years after the assessment.

• 11 months later...
Sorry folks for having to ressurect my post from last year. The issue regarding my injury pension was dealt with, but having read another post on here regarding exempt income, I had a look at the link on the post regarding which income "ne declarez pas". Amongst the other items, it states:

"Les indemnités temporaires, prestations et rentes viagères servies pour accidents du travail ou maladies professionnelles"

As my Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit is a life award for injuries sustained at work, not taxed in the UK, and indeed is deducted from my injury pension calculation amount,  should it also NOT be declared on the tax return.

I declared it last year, but thinking about and reading the French tax rules, suspect that it should not be included.

Any advice on IIDB appreciated.

[quote user="stan"]Sorry folks for having to ressurect my post from last year. The issue regarding my injury pension was dealt with, but having read another post on here regarding exempt income, I had a look at the link on the post regarding which income "ne declarez pas". Amongst the other items, it states:

"Les indemnités temporaires, prestations et rentes viagères servies pour accidents du travail ou maladies professionnelles"

As my Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit is a life award for injuries sustained at work, not taxed in the UK, and indeed is deducted from my injury pension calculation amount,  should it also NOT be declared on the tax return.

I declared it last year, but thinking about and reading the French tax rules, suspect that it should not be included.

Any advice on IIDB appreciated.

[/quote]

Sorry again folks, ignore this post, Parsnips answered this for me last year and I unfortunately missed it until this evening when I was going over old posts. The IIDB is exempt and should not be declared.[:$]