Cressensac Internal Airport

This is apparently still set to ahead in 2006 (close Brive in 19 and Souillac in 46) but i know no more than this. Does anyone have any additional info? We have always been told it will be just a smallish airport, mostly for freight. It would be handy for us to have a passenger airport there although Limoges is also close by road.

When we were house hunting in 2000/01 several Souillac estate agents had maps which showed which areas were likely to be affected by noise.

I heard some local gossip lately ( I've no idea how reliable it was ) that it was definitely still in the pipeline.

Hoddy

Thanks Hoddy.

Using the search engines very little emerges for Cressensac Airport but a lot more for 'Cressensac Aerodrome' which reinforces what we were always told by the locals...freight planes and some small craft for weekend pleasure flying etc. I wonder if some Estate Agents are trying to bump up interest in property by suggesting this improved link might be more substantial than it really will be (my question was originally posted as i had heard of a number of them were touting it as a plus factor, they never seem to expand on which operators will be flying in and sort of mubble when asked about passenger flights) maybe they are in the dark too, hope we are not stuck with the little buzzy buzzy type planes only as this link would be really great for us it we could actually travel on it.

Helen - so what will happen to the little airport near Carrefour/Lapeyre in Brive itself ? Rumours abound locally about the "new" Brive International but with Limoges, Rodez, Blagnac, Bergerac all within 2 or 2.5 hours another Ryanair destination is unlikely, isn't it ?

BTW there is a small, grass runway just outside St Cere - now that would be a challenge for an Airbus or whatever.

John

not

Hi John

I don't know for sure what will happen to the little Brive airport but i remember someone telling me ages ago it was unsuitable for developing further (i guess for international flights) due to it being sited so close to the couple of large gas tanks on the other side of the road just at the end of the flight path!!

I think some naughty estate agents are definately trying to give the impression that the airport will offer passenger flights without knowing for sure. The airport is supposed to open next year...it seems strange so little is known 'for sure'.

Helen