Schools in the area

Hi

I am sure this topic has come up time and again.  On the bright side, I hope there are some people who can help me.

I a thinking of placing my son (starting 12 equivalent of A levels) and my daughter (starting year 10 equivalent of GCSE) to international school toulouse.  I believe fees are 10,000 euro per annum. I have been having difficulty downloading this. 

Also I have found the website uninformative with regards to success rate.  In other words, how good is this school. 

Finally, I have been told there is an english speaking school in Castres.  Does anyone know of this.

Because, my children are in crucial school years I do not feel right about sending them to state school in case they fall by the wayside.  However, I am open to suggestions.

Maxi.

We bought our daughters here last year at the same stage as your children.  My elder daughter has just completed a year in French school and in September she is going to do her A levels at a sixth form college in the UK and will stay with family. She is very fluent in French now, so it has not been a wasted year for her.  My other daughter went back a year, which is not unusual in French Schools and will carry on to do the Bac.  In their first year they are both above average in the class, which is really great.

hope all goes well with you

Sarah

www.thelimetree.org

hello

I have a friend who explored this and decided to send his daughter to the English school in Bordeaux because, he said, it had a much better success rate. Even though it was much further than Toulouse, so she had to board!

I wonder where you are? There is an English school in Lombez (Gers, nearly Haute-Garonne) which may be of interest.