Woodburners in 32

Any ideas on the best place (and prices) for a woodburner in and around 32. We are based, not permanently yet, near Mirande, so both Auch and Tarbes are convenient. Recent advice on white goods was spot on, thanks for that. Also with regards woodburners, is it wise or a mandatory insurance requirement to have the chimney swept before you fit the flue, or is that just for open fires ?

Gabe

Try Batifeu in Tarbes. Just past Bricodepot on the left side going south.

There is also a Godin centre in Tarbes. It's at the retail park at Ibos, on the way to Pau. Opposite side of the road to the big Leclerc.

Some Gamme Verts and their equivalents stock them and their promos should start in the next couple of weeks.

I also want to buy one.

Christian

Christian,

Thanks for the info. I certainly know the Bricodepot and the Leclerc's so will look in when next over. Just a query what exactly do they sell in Gamme Vert, been past many times but never actually looked in ? I would be very interested to hear of any special offers that you come across.

Once again thanks for the help

Gabe

I have just ben told about a place called RECURT down mear Lannemezan which apparently has very keenly priced EFEL stoves, which the same source tells me are superior to Godin. Yoou can find them on the internet and the site has a road map.

Gamme Vert are a sort of rural supplies depot, I can't think of a British equivalent. They sell farm supplies, gardening stuff, wellies, coats, food processing equipment, concrete mixers etc, etc. There seem to be at least one of them, or similar in all the local towns. There are two in Rabastens (....on the way to Tarbes from Mirande), both of which stock stoves.

Christian

Christian,

Thanks, I will have a look at the website. I am pretty sure I have past Recurt hundreds of times without realising what they do (same as Gamme Vert). All I know for sure is that everybody appears to sell Butane/Propane !

Gabe