As the crow flys!

Hi We are looking to move to within 1 1/2hrs of Toulouse (mainly for access to picking family up from the airport) around the Tarn area and wondered if anyone knew how to work the radius out, it doesnt have to be exact but a rough idea of how far to look would be helpful.

Thanks Pauline

We are near Figeac (46) exactly 161 KMS north of Blagnac. We also use Rodez (Ryanair) on occassions. It takes us 45/50 mins to Rodez and 2 hours from Toulouse/Blagnac. Try mapquest/michelin websites they might help. Blagnac from the opposite side of Touluse could be as much as an hour or as little as 20 mins would be my gues depending on the time of day.

John

Hi!

1 1/2 hours from Toulouse could be the Castres (81) area for example.  Lots of lovely surrounding villages and small towns to choose from - plus when the new road is finished the journey to Toulouse will be shorter.

Hi,

We are in northern Tarn & Garonne, it takes an hour and a half from Blagnac - as the car motors (less on the motorway to Castelsarassin) rather than as the crow flies.  It's a pleasant area of hills and valleys and hilltop villages.  We're also about the same travelling time from Bergerac, but a much nicer journey through the countryside, so there's a choice.

edit:  I'm not posting this to sell our house!

We have friends with a house near Limoux.  It takes less than an hour from Blagnac all on the autoroute of course, but once you get onto the smaller roads there are some fantastic villages in the country side. In fact I was there 2 weeks ago and the mountains looked wonderful.

We're in Northern Gers and I see your now in Stockport and I assume that you will be using Manchester airport ( we  also live in Lancs). Northern Gers & Lot & Garrone (32 & 47) are about  an hour and half from Bordeaux and Toulouse (BMI baby only fly toToulouse in the Summer last time I looked) you can also do Bergerac in an hour and half out of Liverpool with Ryan Air. From The North Toulouse flights can sometimes be very expensive and after trying all of the I find BMI baby to Bordeaux the best service with less diversions ( often foggy in Bergerac and can't land) so it could be worth while broading your search to south of Agen, its beautiful countryside with lovely towns and villages and good communictaion links

We live near a small town called Lafrancaise, not far from Moissac/Montaubon and about 1hr 15 from Blagnac airport, it may be worth your while checking flights from Liverpool on easyjet to Bergerac IF you eventually buy nearer here or Lauzerte and LOT area.

Also new airport to be built near Brive sometime plus ----

check area around Toulouse carefully as they are looking to build a brand new international Airport to replace Toulouse airport - considered areas between Montaubon and Toulouse and I think possible site being considered on South of Toulouse.!!

NOT Selling - love it here.

Good luck

C&J