Package holidays from South West

Has anyone bought a winter package deal (to sunny climes) from either Toulouse or Bordeaux? (Possibly Auchan / Leclerc or similar and maybe to the Canary Islands/Madeira). We reckon that higher prices at the outset, may work out to be less expensive than travelling back to fly from (say) Gatwick. Any experiences worth sharing?

[quote user="seb47"]

Has anyone bought a winter package deal (to sunny climes) from either Toulouse or Bordeaux?   [/quote]

We usually discover quite a few holiday brochures of the all inclusive type ie flight, transfers, hotel, full-board etc etc in our postbox during January. They seem to cover all areas and all periods but I cannot remember any company names, sorry for that. They seem to be good value too, IIRC.

Not too long to wait now til they should appear.

Have you tried a travel agency close to you?

Sue

If you want a holiday from France then the destination has to be French speaking. Morroco can be a good deal. We looked at Rhodes in Greece and found that :

The flight only deals to Bodrum in Turkey, 2.5 hours be seacat, only went on sale when they had not sold the inclusive holidays.

It was still cheaper to fly BA into Gatwick then out again then fly on any flights from Bordeaux or Marseille 

There is a holiday Expo in Bordeaux in the spring when it can be useful to find out how the market works

Our bank, Credit Agricole, offer package holidays. I got the details of one to India, but they were not visiting the part I want to go to. The price was comparable to one that you could plan yourself online, in sterling from the UK, at the exchange rate at that time (2 years ago.)

Don't know if this is any use to you but we flew on a package holiday from Lyon to Mauritius last September (our son's wedding).

Might have been just as cheap (or expensive) to have taken a Ryanair flight to England and started from there.

Good experience though.

We went with Nouvelles Frontieres.