Weather in the Alps mid Sept?

Hi

Hope this is the right place to post this:

Wondered if anyone lives in or around 74 (Les Gets) and could give some advice on state of weather around mid september from past experience.

Checked out Meteo etc, but just gives some pretty vague averages from past years?

Thanks for any help

greg

I live in the Alps and I'm afraid vague is all that I can be too. I must say that we often seem to have indian summers, but unfortunately not every year. There should be some snow on the mountain tops by then, they are all looking extremely bare at the moment, so it at least should be looking prettier than it does at the moment. I would bring things for it being cool and wet as well as stuff for warmer weather and that is what I tell friends and family who come in Sept.

Had lived in the Alpes for 4 years - In general the weather can be very warm - akin to an english indian summer. Most Brits would be very happy in T-shirts at 300m (above sea level) that is. If you are into walking in the Alpes then the nights can drop to well below zero.

I think Sept/Oct is very beautiful as there is the change of seasons and lots of lovely colour changes. You can even ski on the glaciers (if you are good enough and like snow similar to sugar).

Hope this helps.
Deby