International Bilingual School of Provence

Hello, we're thinking of moving (from Bristol, UK) to somewhere near Aix-en-Provence and sending our 13 yr old son to the International School at Luynes.   Does anyone have a child there or experience of this school?  (We also have a daughter who will be 5 who we'd aim to send to a local French school).

Stephen

I visited the school, but it was 6 years ago.  We investigated both the Cote Azur and Provence when we were doing our research on where to live.  After visiting several International schools in the Nice area and determining the cost of housing was just too high to afford us what we wanted, we moved over towards Marseille / Aix.  That is when I visited the school in Luynes.  The physical school itself was not at all impressive.  It did not seem purpose built.  Looked more like an old chateau turned school (that doesn't have to be a bad thing, but it was to me in this case).  My first impression was that it wasn't very clean either.  I believe it was an Assistant to the Director that gave me my tour.  The actual curriculum seemed similar to others we had seen.  I gather this is pretty much a state governed thing, but I could be wrong.  I just walked away with a less than enthusiastic feeling.  It is very possible things have improved in six years.  Perhaps others will come along who know the school better than I do.  My daughter was 6 at the time, so she ended up just going to the local primary school in the village where we bought.  If she had been 13, I would have had to consider the same thing you are considering.

After having seen the schools in and around Nice, the school in Luynes was a definite no for us.  Have you visited it?  If not, you should.  You may walk away with a totally different impression.

Best of luck to you and your family.