Putting the feelers out, as it were, to try to locate a long-term rental from October through to April/May next year.

Property would need to be non-smoking, at least 2 bedrooms for husband and two girls aged 4 and 6. We also have a well-behaved springer spaniel (Honestly! One of the only ones in Britain!) who is on monthly Frontline (so, no fleas) and sleeps in his own bed. (IMHO furniture is for humans, not animals. Besides, he loves to lay across my feet to keep them warm. ) A lawn, garden, patio area or access to a park/woodland is essential.

We have already seen one lovely place which we like but is very far from town. We want the girls at school in Clgurec so want to be as close to there as possible.

In exchange for reduced rent, we will pay in advance for the entire rental and John will do the gardening, coppicing, lawn mowing, general little bits and bobs, etc.

We are flexible as to when we take up and finish the rental. We want to work it so we are using the property just during the low season. The property would be maintained and left in an immaculate condition after the rental.

We need this because although we have the caravans at our property, we do not want to be 'on holiday' during school term! We will move into our property once the roof is finished, sanitation, etc. The builders are saying they should have it finished no later than the last week of October, which is why, of course, I want to rent until May...

Thank you, any reply to my inbox please??
Belinda

• 4 weeks later...
We have a property about 15-20 mins drive from you and can be seen on our web site www.gites2brittany.com. It does have central heating.

We spent 5 months renting in Clegurec last year and sent our 5 year old to the local school so know it well.

David