Boulogne-Sur-Mer Christmas Market this weekend - Info needed please

Hi all, I wonder if any of you can help me out there - I am coming over for the day on Saturday to visit the Chrismas Market - daft question I know but will it be obvious where abouts in Boulogne it is?  I have been on the tourisme website and it says in the Old Town and when I look at the map I can't quite work out where it is?  Also are there any recommendations for lunch and early evening dinner? (we have to get the 9.30pm Eurotunnel back?)  Dinner recommendation can be either Boulogne or Calais.  Would appreciate any helpful advice - we are having a Mums day away and I am in charge - I don't want to look daft (which isn't too difficult!)  Thanks Paula

The market is in the Haute Ville, or old town.   It's the bit at the top surrounded by ramparts, where the basilica is.   Basically you go straight up the Grande Rue from the port and you'll see it on your right.  There is a big car park just outside the ramparts (it will be impossible to park inside).

For restaurants, I like in Boulogne:   Brasserie Hamiot (big and busy, good value food); Chez Jules (small, but ditto); The Welsh Pub (excellent food despite the name).   In Calais, Au Cote d'Argent (see http://www.cotedargent.com/); Le Grand Bleu (very small, need to book); La Sole Meuniere; and La Pleiade.   Absolutely the best value in the region is the Restaurant de la Gare, at Les Attaques, outside Calais (not the Relais des Attaques, which isn't in the same league).   It's run by a butcher and the meat is superb.   Last week we had the cheapest lunch menu (9.15 euro) with a gratin of chicken and mushrooms; a pork chop in a wine sauce; and a chocolate pudding.   It was all first class.   Though the restaurant doesn't look much and you enter through a bar full of rowdy locals, so if you don't like that sort of thing it's not for you.