english speaking churches in brittany

Wondered if anyone could tell me if they have had experience of the above subject. I have been advised to arrange for a notaire to change my marriage contract to a communaute universelle, as  my husband and myself are buying a house in france. Apparently this avoids one partner's half of the property attracting tax, when the other partner dies. It also It also allows the deceased's half of the property to automatically go to the survivor. Anyone know of any drawbacks.?? Jonk

As I had been married previously, my main concern was to ensure that my husband would inherit our French House if anything happened to me. The inheritiance laws might have given precedence to others - although we do not have any children.  Rather than tontine, our English speaking French solicitor recommeneded the CU, which we did at the notaires prior to our house purchase. Cost was about €50 I seem to remember. There has been much on this in the Legal forum! You mention you have been advised - if this is by a professional with knowledge of the French legal system then I would have no issues! I can suggest a French solicitor (english speaking) if you would like further advice.

[quote user="jonk"]

Dear Angela

Thanks so much for the info ...Will I see you in church?

[/quote]

Fraid not, jonk. When I am not living in London, I am based in the Vendee - and only know about that organisation because I carry a list on my website ( www.the-vendee.co.uk ) of current Anglican services in the Vendee. Glad it was useful though.

Angela