The Tour De France is passing through Brittany this year  does anyone know its route  through? we have a house near Huelgoat,so if anyone knows if it is passing nearby or the nearest town I would be very grateful for any info.

thanks

Jon

[quote user="Jondav"]

The Tour De France is passing through Brittany this year  does anyone know its route  through? we have a house near Huelgoat,so if anyone knows if it is passing nearby or the nearest town I would be very grateful for any info.

thanks

Jon

[/quote]

We also have a house near Huelgoat and would also be interested to know if it is passing nearby, do you know when it is this year?

Just looked at the site via Google and there is a stage through the area when we are there in July [8-|]

Looks like the nearest it will get to Huelgoat is GOUAREC  near Rostrenen  on Sunday the 9th July we arrive on Sat the 8th [8-|]

It started at Roscoff one year(must have been about six or seven years ago) and then out to Landivisiau before turning into the Monts d'Arrée and down through Carhaix etc on route to Lorient where they finished. We watched it on the TV and they moved so fast you hardly saw a thing of the landscape or the riders except the start and finish and any stoppages.

Thanks everyone for the replies.I've had a look at the web site and there a few places  that are reasonably close ,so I think it will be a cycling watching sunday on the 9th of July.Its not for me but for my father in law who is le Tour mad and also its his 60 th birthday so he see it in the flesh and not on the tele for once.

regards to all

Jon

[quote user="Jondav"]

Thanks everyone for the replies.I've had a look at the web site and there a few places  that are reasonably close ,so I think it will be a cycling watching sunday on the 9th of July.Its not for me but for my father in law who is le Tour mad and also its his 60 th birthday so he see it in the flesh and not on the tele for once.

regards to all

Jon

[/quote]

My in-laws would love to see it but being in their 80's and my F-i-L not being a good traveller at the best of times(car sickness within about 100yds unless he's driving[:(]) stops them coming over, May just see you on  Sun 9th July then Jon [:D]