temporary home for small dog near Calais

Hello Folks,

We have been living in Southern France near Beziers for five years and are re-locating to the U.K. on 23rd September this year.  Our problem is that our small labrador x doggie's pet passport will not be valid until 17th November.  We're therefore looking for a loving temporary home for him as near to Calais as possible so we can pop over and see him ( we won't be far from the channel ports)  We will obviously pay fees but are anxious that we don't have to kennel him for two months in case it spoils him, he is such a lovely natured little chap.  He's fully up to date with all his jabs and has been castrated.  To all intents and purposes he looks like golden labrador with small features and very, very short legs and he's about the same size as a cocker spaniel.  He loves everyone especially children but he has, as yet, no knowledge of cats.

Is there any kind soul out there who can help?

Here's hoping,

Sue

Is the problem one of having the rabies jab then the blood test and then it must be six months before ones best friend can come with you?

Of course and the other way you can come from the UK to France when the test is positive but then cannot come back with the dog until six months has past.

Is this the problem? if so then please email me on a private basis.  I am not touting for business or anything like that I am just an huge animal lover with three dogs a cat and bantums and two ancient breeds of chickens.  Just mad.  However I cannot recommend or advertise but I know of a maison de chien with two lovely English owners who look after dogs in situations like this.  Unfortunately they are in (50) and not Pays de Calais.