estate agents

johnycarper

We've sold two houses through Leboncoin, whilst also having them with agents (with agents knowledge).

I think the big thing is to advertise on Leboncoin at the 'net vendeur' price ie the price you'd get if an agent sold it, not try and rake in the agents commission as well.

Oh, Pommier, I would NEVER dream of trying for the agent's commission as well.  I use leboncoin precisely so that people who come through the site and deal direct with me would reap the benefit.

No, these people today were just kicking themselves that they didn't contact me direct.  The woman said she tried to look up my "family name" through the phone number, etc and couldn't find it![;-)]  She'd not heard of email then and couldn't have sent an email as requested on the annonce?

I mean, who seriously would use their own name on leboncoin?  Though, I do use my landline number as it's a house and not just a secondhand coat that is for sale (I can't believe some of the stuff that is on sale![:-))])

Pommier, you might like to know my latest.

The woman insisted to me that she only wanted to deal with me as a particulière and even rang the agent to say that she'd contacted me via leboncoin and therefore she didn't want the agent involved!  She said that she'd signed no bon de visite and she wasn't obliged to pay agent's fees.

OH and I decided that this wasn't a woman we should have anything to do with and that we would owe fees to the agent ethically if not legally.  Don't know if legally or not.

Anyway, I cut short the phone conversation and I decided that if she did offer me the full asking price, I would pay the agent regardless.

Fortunately for me, she didn't want to pay the full price and I didn't want to accept her price and then pay the agent out of that as even the asking price was un prix sacrifié.  So, in the end, there was no real decision to be made.

Don't get me wrong, I am as corruptible as anyone else [:D] and I would, no doubt have "my price".  However, that price would have to be a lot more than the mere 10k in agent's fees!

My case is different though, Pommier.  This woman and her family were brought by the agent to the house.

There was another woman who rang and asked for some internal photos.  I gave her the name of the agent's site where I knew there were excellent photos but I warned her NOT to contact the agent unless she wanted to pay the fees.

Yes, agent's fees are quite a chunk but then, if they find me a buyer, I don't mind them having the fees which are due to them.