Wood Burners

There is quite a large " BROCANTE " Between Montlucon and Neris le Bains on the National N144 Just past the golf course coming from Montlucon on the approach to Neris. My daughter and friends both purchased second hand log burners at quite good prices. There are a selection of styles and sizes. You are about 35 to 45 mins from this place so it may be worth a visit or perhaps a similar facility is offered nearer to home from another " Brocante "

Regards Royston

• 2 weeks later...
I wouldn't touch an unswept chimney with a 10 foot barge pole - when we took the metal plate off ours, the tar hung down in curtains. One match and I reckon the lot would have just gone up but not in the desired manner! Cost us 38 euros. Don't forget the certificate from the sweep to prove to the insurance company - file it away just in case.

Regards

Carol

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
>If you can recommend any cat
>and/or boarding kennels can you
>please paste them under this
>thread.

We're considering converting our large barn into a cattery, after the agent who showed us the house told us he drove 100 miles to board his cats when he leaves France!
I would be interested to hear from anyone in the Deux Sevre area, who would use a cattery service, also if anyone has undertaken this kind of enterprise, are there any major pitfalls? Where could I find the health & safety standards or regulations? Would it qualify as a micro-enterprise?
Any help, comments, gratefully received!

Pam

Could anyone recommend any in La Creuse? We're moving across in September and may consider leaving him for a week at around Christmas time but only if we have a good recommendation.

Thanks a million. Ann.

• 2 months later...