Limoges Airport ,Car parking

Friends of ours have a holiday home near Limoges and regularly leave their car parked at the airport during visits , sometimes for up to two months at a time . We have recently heard that this facility is being withdrawn and that any car parked there for more than three weeks will be towed away. This will obviously cause them a lot of problems if correct. Has anyone else any information about this please.

Tom

Don't know if there's any truth in the rumour, but it wouldn't surprise me.  The airport car park is usually very full, and sometimes it's difficult to find a space.  But then, I don't suppose it was ever meant to cater for people who want to park their cars for two months at a time!  Isn't it perhaps just a tad unreasonable to occupy a space for so long, when space is at a premium?  What if twenty or thirty people wanted to do the same thing?

Free airport parking is a generous and uncommon bonus; if we abuse it, maybe we'll lose it. 

Well, As a permie here it does annoy me when I go to england for a long weekend or 5 days that in peak or even winter season someone has to drop me off because its too difficult to get a parking space. Due to the fact that the english have parked cars there, some of them i've seen left in august and were still there when I picked hubby up in December, come on its taking the p***.

When the airport were doing their questionnaires I got asked about parking and said they should charge something even a minimal fee and it might help with the problem. They told me then they were worried about security and might have to invest in cameras and more lighting. *they'd had an english car that had had its wheels stolen* this was all year and they were very distressed. I laughed and told them that would happen in the UK if you left your car in an unmanned car park in a few hours. Stansted has apparently told them this doesn't happen to them.... how I chuckled.

So for me, being selfish I hope they do start charging because it'd be cheaper for me to park my car for a few days than have to get people to drop and pick me and my son up.

There was a long piece in the paper about the airport, new terminal, etc a few weeks back. The airport director said they were almost certainly going to start charge for the car park in the near future because so many people abuse it leaving cars there for months on end. He didn't mention anything about towing cars away though - I would imagine a parking fee will be enough to discourage most.

Sorry Tom, but like the others here, I have no sympathy for your friends.

The free car-parking was obviously supplied by the airport on the tacit understanding that it was used sensibly.  The flagrant abuse of this privilege by arrogant English holiday home owners like your friends has now meant that we will now all have to pay to park our cars at the airport.

However, I must say that if it means that I can get a decent space in the carpark, and not have to park at a death defying angle on the grassy bank or at the end of a row where there isn't really a park and I'm likely to get smacked into, I, for one, am happy to pay a few euros car-parking fees when I pop back to the UK for a few days here and then!

Although it is sad that the selfish actions of some have ruined it for the rest of us......

[quote]Don't know if there's any truth in the rumour, but it wouldn't surprise me. The airport car park is usually very full, and sometimes it's difficult to find a space. But then, I don't suppose it was ...[/quote]

If you look back Barry exactly the same thing was mentioned before Christmas about Rodez airport, where a load of UK plated untaxed MOT failures were regularly to be found occupying many of the spaces.  Some of the obvious wrecks have been towed away and according to the Mayor's office, the police are now monitoring all UK registered cars using the airport, but here also charges are to be imposed thanks to a few UK urine takers.