Does anyone know of somewhere special to stay in North Haute Vienne...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]... or somewhere fairly close. I'm looking for a special chambres d'hote or chateaux ... don't mid what, so long as it has it's own charms. Would like somewhere with nice grounds. Any suggestions...[/quote]

Try Chateau Ruffignac? Roufignac? Rafignac?

For the life of me I can not remember the exact name but they were featured in a series of program called 'No going back' on Channel 4 in UK just before last Xmas. The program is on again on the 'Real Discovery Channel' or 'Home Leisure ...som'it or other...' if you can get Sky satellite.

I thought the place was really beautiful. It is in Haute Vienne, near Limoges I think.

Wow!  that place looks fabulous! 

Am planning on getting married when we move to France  (although I've heard the paperwork is a nightmare, so perhaps I won't bother!!)

.... this looks a lovely place to splash out and spend a few nights as part of my honeymoon - as I'm sure I'll never be able to afford an exotic holiday again, since buying in France - but you can't have it all and then icing and cherries, eh.

THANKS!!

[quote]Wow! that place looks fabulous! Am planning on getting married when we move to France (although I've heard the paperwork is a nightmare, so perhaps I won't bother!!) .... this looks a lovely pl...[/quote]

Get married in UK as I know from experience the admin bit is as difficult as could possibly be...

BUT it is worth having your wedding reception in France! for your family and your friends the flights there are probably cheaper than to the Carabeans or wherever ?.... Guaranteed sunshine, good food, plenty of wine and ALL night long merrymaking!! None of this early night curfew because of silly UK licensing laws....

I know!  I really want to get married in France, in fact, there's nowhere else I want to do it. 

But the last thing I want is some big stressful affair with months of planning, organising and lists.  I just wanted to get the ceremony over with and then have a party/picnic on our own land - all very laid back and relaxing - from what I've read on the forum, this is easier said than done 

But I'm sure I'll feel differently once I'm settled there ... now all I need is a list of what exactly I need to do ....now if there isn't an idea for a company for somebody to set up.... who's got time on their hands and great french??!!  It's a service I'd jump at  

[quote]I know! I really want to get married in France, in fact, there's nowhere else I want to do it. But the last thing I want is some big stressful affair with months of planning, organising and lists....[/quote]

>>>Now all I need is a list of what exactly I need to do...<<<

Look up in :

Living France Forum> Useful links section> Useful links About France> French living

In there you will have plenty postings on how to get the admin bit sorted for your actual civil ceremony wedding.

>>>now if there isn't an idea for a company for somebody to set up.... who's got time on their hands and great french??!!<<<

I would love to help you organise your 'banquet de noces' with a lovely 'pique-nique champêtre' I can see it from here : guaranteed best day of your life!! and french for me is 'pas de problème' also I use to be a 'banquet' organiser many many moons ago!

SO VERY tempted to help you!

Slight hick-up : full time job in UK and my OH! is very much a stick-in-the-mud and firmly anchored in Blighty!! so no setting up company anywhere else...

Nevertheless I hope you have a great day!! My very best wishes...