How wet is it in the Limousin?

Oh well there you go.

If it's any consolation the snow is gone but it is raining persistently here as well -  the dog nearly drowned in a pavement puddle yesterday. Well she is a short leg jack Russell.

Fi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we do need rain for topping up reservoirs as iamsure we willhave another dry summer.

we will not be able to live without water but nature makes it'sown deciscion-apart from the unhelpful interference by humans-i.e. destruction of rain forests,depletion of ozone layer and many other factors.!!!!!!!

meanwhile get all your inside jobs done before spring takes over and demands your attention outside=grass growing quickly,weeds as well,i have just managed to complete some work which has taken 4 years to begin>!!!!!

next week temperatures are up to 16 centigrade-daffodils pushing hard .you should be ___chitting ____-

your potatoes ihope i spelt that correctly>

if you have not got them go and buy some water barrels as they are cheap at the moment.

must go and check on the builder who arrived 1 year late to do some inside work as he was sick of working outside.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes you guessed it---in the rain.

well at least the rain has done me a favour.

aurevoir.[&]

[quote user="saddie"]According to today's paper Haute-Vienne has had more rain in thr first 7 days of March than it normally gets in the entire month![/quote]

And I bet our neighbours are still moaning there's not been enough for their cows..........

Alcazar

well lat 3 days dry cold at 900a.m but sun warming up nicely throughout the day -every hour i stip off another layer of clothing and yesterday it was -5 at 8.oo.a.m.!!but soon got up in 16 region.

so now moving plants for herladyship -apparently a garden is never finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!J**** C*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOVING ROCKS NOW .!!!!!!!IF I D'ONT THERE IS NO DINNER TONITE!

AND MY COOKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

HAD MY HALF HOUR LUNCH BREAK SO BACK OUT AGAIN .

P.S. I AM NOW PRAYING FOR RAIN--OOPS SORRY THATS WHERE THIS THREAD STARTED.[li][W][:)]

GUESS WHAT-AFTER 1  WEEK OF WEATHER FORECASTING RAIN ---IT DID'NT.!!!!

YESTERDAY 25 CENTIGRADE BEAUTIFUL BUT BACK WITH A VENGEANCE TODAY SOME SUN BUT NOW RAIN .UGH.

NEVER MIND CAN WATCH COMMONWEALTH GAMES  AND TONIGHT MY FAVOURITE TEAM TROUNCE CHELSEA!!!!![st][um][:P][;)][B]

[quote user="Ab"]

GUESS WHAT-AFTER 1  WEEK OF WEATHER FORECASTING RAIN ---IT DID'NT.!!!!

YESTERDAY 25 CENTIGRADE BEAUTIFUL BUT BACK WITH A VENGEANCE TODAY SOME SUN BUT NOW RAIN .UGH.

NEVER MIND CAN WATCH COMMONWEALTH GAMES  AND TONIGHT MY FAVOURITE TEAM TROUNCE CHELSEA!!!!![st][um][:P][;)][B]

[/quote]

Or perhaps not..........[:P]

Alcazar, (NOT a Chelsea supporter).

Look, SOMEONE has to support Scun thorpe United[Y]

newcastle lost but they only had 10 players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scunthorpe needs all the support it can get -i actually helped your economy as i used to visit the chinese and fish and chip shops.

p.s. and occasinally a beer parlour. how is the grab a granny dance?

i was once in a taxi with some frinds from work and as we drove past the iron and steel works at night with the bright glow from the furnaces a blonde norwegian woman asked what did they make in the factory and the driver said PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone creased themselves with laughter but the woman said "what are you laughing for?     worblr,worble, worble .we said nil points to Norway.[:D]

[quote user="Ab"]

newcastle lost but they only had 10 players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Come on........that's a "whining Mourinho" excuse[;)]

[quote user="Ab"]

scunthorpe needs all the support it can get -i actually helped your economy as i used to visit the chinese and fish and chip shops.[/quote]

You'd be lucky to find owt else in the restaurant line, unless you like curry?[:(]

[quote user="Ab"]

p.s. and occasinally a beer parlour. how is the grab a granny dance?[/quote]

[*-)] Never been to one, so I dunno.

[quote user="Ab"]

i was once in a taxi with some frinds from work and as we drove past the iron and steel works at night with the bright glow from the furnaces a blonde norwegian woman asked what did they make in the factory and the driver said PLASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone creased themselves with laughter but the woman said "what are you laughing for?     worblr,worble, worble .we said nil points to Norway.[:D]

[/quote]

[:D][:D]

Not as spectacular as it used to be when there were THREE steelworks here, and all three tipped most of their slag straight onto the slag banks.

Nowadays, it's all foamed for making roads, so the only glow you get is from the BOS steelmaking plant when they charge it.

The towns motto used to be "Refulget Labores Nostros Coelum",  or "The heavens reflect our labours". Trouble is, if there's a wind from the east, the air carries the evidence of our labours now, in the form of VERY abrasive red dust, and stink of sulphur dioxide and hydrogen sulphide.[:(]

Alcazar

[quote user="Ab"]

did you mean wining or whining -he is a miserable s*d even when he wins----

i would hate to see him when he is really unhappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

probably hang himself from the goalposts![:P][6]

[/quote]

Hang himself? How can we make him really sad, quick, I need to know?[:D]

Alcazar

get Mourino to visit limousin this week it is now raining again but my water barrels are overflowing and managed 2 days ago in a sunny day -hurrah-to cut for the first time some grass-makes it look beautiful now -lush-green-well i suppose grass is green-but the boss has found me some more wrk to do.

I realise now plants have to be moved but its the last bloody straw when she wants a small slabbed terrace moved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because it is in the wrong place but she forgets she designed it.

Bloody women they should be put down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bet that stirs some of you ladies reading this!!!!!!!!!!I wonder how many minutes it will be before the mail starts to roll.

p.s. I had better hide now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![um][:D][:P][6][li]

p.p.s. i don,t suppose I will see the sun eclipse today -probably have to do with a clip around my ears for attacking women.

Now just listen up you lot.

Get this weather thing under control. It's sunbathing temperature today at the coast, dog is basking in the rays, panting in the heat.

It is a week and 4 days until we move to our summer residence and we want it to be nice warm - otherwise am gonna  stop at home.

Fi

WHERE in n.e. coast as i am an expert on this area being born in Byker Sands.-well not like a tortoise in the sand but close enough-brought up by the start of theWALL(no not the Roman one) actually born there before they destroyed the area and the City-bloody Dan Smith and Poulson the crooked architect.!!

many enjoyable memories such as being forced to paddle in August despite the cold windy day giving me goosepimples the size of gooseberries!!!!!!!!!

Actually the sunwas shining today but the eclipse took the heat out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bon-nuit.[ip][;)]

It was warm sunny at Whitley Bay yesterday and MOH said also Newcastle.I used to swim in the sea at Tynemouth until I was 18 and moved to Durham..

Byker wall is still there,I dont think it will last as long as the Roman one - who would want it to. I expect the Brits were complaining about the Roman one just as much.

Today rain, rain, rain but no central heating on. I suppose it's acclimatisation for our return to France. 

I had the misfortune of living next door to one of the city destroyers in the early 70's. Never saw him,can't remember his name. Just a minor player who served time somewhere.Well deserved,I still cant forgive them for the mess they caused.It's taken over 30 years to try and put right. The city is looking stunning now,especially the quayside.

Fi

Paddled in those waters-still too cold I suppose i got soft with living in west indies for 6 years.!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear you were sent to Durham Prison -know the outside very pretty but you must have had an awful time locked up with all those in the maximum security wing.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where are you moving to in france?[:D][:P]

The tide has turned!!!!!!!!!!!!! yesterday and today sunshine -hot enough to work in a shirt only (+trousers of course)-cut grass as it is starting to grow  quickly now as spring weather takes over.

Weeds are rampant and saw a terrific red sunset tonight.

[:)][*-)]