Searching For A Village Left Un-Touched Since The War

Hi All

I am trying to find the village which has been left un-touched since being invaded during the second world war. I am sure I have seen details on the village & seen it mentioned on the forum. We are taking my Outlaws for a visit in May & it would be a good place to take them. My father in law is an ex Captain in the army & has expressed an interest.

Any suggestions for other places to visit would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Marc

oradour is certainly one of the most awe inspiring places we have visited, our daughter, then around sixteen, still feels the atmosphere today - nearly eighteen now. It is near Limoges, on the way to the airport, coming from St.Junien, from our direction, that is. We took a film of it and playinf it back, it is certainly mind blowing. The overhead tramlines really do bringh the history to life. We were told the story about when the German troops were there, the people on the trams were not being let off at Oradour by the other French, as word has got around that something was to happen. These people had their lives saved simply by not going home!

Recommend a visit to all - local schools have to visit it as part of their curriculem.

keni