Restaurants wanted

• 2 weeks later...

We only tend to eat out for an evening treat, and have found le Coq en Pate in Gueret always to be excellent.

Their 26euro Menu Marche never disappoints.

Haven't yet tried the 39euro Menu Gourmand.

Nice old fashioned service such as my wife and guests being offered their menus without prices.

Cheapest wine 24euros rising to hundreds though!

• 5 months later...

Restaurants not far form Le Grand Bourg:

Once visited the Logis de France at Benevent (this keyboard does not do accents), not long after it opened.  Food seemed good, but found the atmosphere chilly.    We like the restaurant of the Hotel Nougier at  St Etienne de Fursac.  the chef is still quite young, in his 30s now, and I think he took over after his father died suddenly a few years ago  Certainly his meals seem always good, the place is popular with the French, especially on a Sunday, and Madame is quite charming.   Otherwise, we would head down to St Leonard-de-Noblat where the logis serves good meals, our neighbours reported that the Gay Lussac (or similar name!) provided them with an excellent meal, the Moulin in the valley on the road to Limoges serves a varied clientele meals in 3 different restaurants(one expensive), but I've had no reports!)

Some of these are of course south of you, but you might fancy a trip out one day...!

Julia

on the wet, windy south coast of England

[quote user="Paris"]

Restaurants not far form Le Grand Bourg:

Once visited the Logis de France at Benevent (this keyboard does not do accents), not long after it opened.  Food seemed good, but found the atmosphere chilly.    We like the restaurant of the Hotel Nougier at  St Etienne de Fursac.

[/quote]

Thank you for those suggestions. We know the Hotel du Cedre at Benevent very well and eat there often, having become friendly with the manageress. The Hotel Nougier is our second choice as it is only a bit further away from us. The other places you mention look as though they're worth visiting, though. A bit further afield but it is nice to have a little more choice available. Thanks for the information Julia, much appreciated!

Steve

(also on the wet & windy south coast!)

• 1 month later...

Can you be more specific re the locations of the restaurants you mentioned. We live about 10 miles from La Souterraine and would welcome a change of venue but not sure where you are referring to. We are north of La Sout. Thanks Jean

• 3 weeks later...
I think I'll print some out!! as we our just outside Le Grand bourg. Have seen your totem pole too!! You spoke to my auntie and dad when they were looking in Le Grand bourg! thought that they were lost!! [;-)]