Vets in Haute Vienne

Hello,

My husband and I are moving to France at the end of the year. We have owned a property near Nantiat for over four years and are now in a position to move over permanently.

My concern is my elderly dog Millie. She will be 15 years old next month and to be honest we thought she would have gone to dog heaven by the time we moved. But she keeps hanging on in there bless her!

I am looking for reassurance that there is a nice and preferably english speaking vet in or around the area of Nantiat or Bellac to put my mind at rest for the expected visits with Millie.

Thanks

Juley

Sorry I can't help you with that area, but we are in Haute Vienne and go to a very good vets' practice in St Yrieix.   When we first went I did query whether any of the vets spoke English and was told no.   My French is pretty laughable but I have always managed OK.    Also, its not entirely true that the vets don't speak English, if I have ever been really stumped by something they have said, then they mysteriously seem to slide fairly effortlessly into basic English.   Plus, they have a secret English / French dictionary on the premises (I have caught them looking at it !!).    

Point being, hopefully someone on the site will be able to give you a recommendation, but if not, don't panic, you will soon learn or be able to look up the relevant words to use in the vets.    After a year, I am quite good in French vets speak now - far better than in garage-speak ! 

There is an excellent vet practice in St Yriex la Perche in the Haute Vienne with two young well qualified vets from Paris who speak perfect English.

It's Clinique Veterinaire de Arche Tel: 05 55 08 31 75. I have had cause to treat my two labradors there and the service and expertise could not be better.