Bored 13 year old.

I will having my grandson, who is nearly 13, staying for August - the first week will be because he will have a friend, but I know once his mother goes back, he'll be bored. Has anyone a similar problem?

We're near to Ste.Severe, but can travel to meet up with like-minded boys. He likes football, swimming & being glued to his PSP which we don't like him playing with during day

Jean - Take a trip to your local Mairie and ask about their holiday clubs.  Most communes in France organise them.  Ours is only 6 euros per day (including lunch) and they do sailing, horse riding, sand sailing, archery etc etc.

If he's shy about going on his own, suggest that he does a half day at first.  Or you can reward him with extra hours on his Playstation if he goes. [:D]

Jean - Learning some French will be an added bonus for him.  As the clubs are mainly about playing, it will be fine.  My children attended without knowing much French.  Some of the aminateurs will be able to speak English.  You only have to teach him how to say that he is thirsty or how to go to the loo.

[quote user="JeanS"]

I will having my grandson, who is nearly 13, staying for August - the first week will be because he will have a friend, but I know once his mother goes back, he'll be bored. Has anyone a similar problem? We're near to Ste.Severe, but can travel to meet up with like-minded boys. He likes football, swimming & being glued to his PSP which we don't like him playing with during day

[/quote]

Send him here - there is plenty of work in our garden.

John