t.v. reception

I have a property in the auvergne and want to receive both sky and french channel programmes on the same set. Do I need to buy a French tv or can I take over an English one, bearing in mind the deals that are available in the UK for digital Flat screen sets[8-)]!

France has not completed the switch to digital terrestrial Tv but will do by November 2011.

http://www.tousaunumerique.fr/

Shows dates by region. The last TVs we purchased in France were PAL I (UK standard) and SECAM as well as digital. In recent years many but not all TVs sold in UK have been both PAL and SECAM. The only way to check this out is in the shop either with TV manual/specefication or watching the TV go through it's set up search.

[quote user="Richard"]I have a property in the auvergne and want to receive both sky and french channel programmes on the same set. Do I need to buy a French tv or can I take over an English one, bearing in mind the deals that are available in the UK for digital Flat screen sets[8-)]!

[/quote]

An english tv will work in France and I recommend one that is HD ready so that it can receive the HD signal on the changeover.